Sunday 12 January 2014

Ingredient two SAFFRON = saffron rice

So in an effort to find four ingredients I have found many more ingredients I would like to play with.  

For this blog I am reporting on a compilation of ingredients that made up Saffron Rice.  
My husband loves rice but I get tired of the plain old recipes we usually eat.  They are tasty don't get me wrong but it's nice to have a variety and I enjoy givi my child new flavours to try for her palette. 

I started off by googling saffron rice recipes....each was different and not in small ways...so I decided to wing it this time.

Ingredients used: 
2 1/2 cups of Basmati Rice
1 box of Campbell's Chicken Broth (salt free)
1 tsp of saffron (a little goes a long way)
2 small grated onions (I grated so the kids didn't know it was there)

I simply boiled the rice and saffron in the chicken broth until cooked, ended up adding a bit of water if it looked dry. Added the grated onion when it was looking more like rice than a soup.....salted and peppered to taste.  Voila! 


I think this recipe turned out awesome and just as I expected....very flavourful!  Now most of the online recipes also called for turmeric but I happened to be out of this spice so didn't include it and it still looked and tasted beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment