Tuesday 10 December 2013

Easy Chocolate Mousse

So I decided to try and use some of our half and half cream and see if I couldn't make so e mousse by whipping it with some chocolate.  Not sure why I assumed this would be so easy and work.  I even tried adding some cool whip to thicken it.  FAIL. 

By this time I had built my hopes up for a yummy treat.  So I went online to see how hard it really is to make some, and the resulting recipe was tried.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Mousse-II/Detail.aspx?evt19=1

I found it very simple as I had all the ingredients.  It took about ten minutes to set in the fridge.

In my case it didn't "set" and when I went to serve they looked set but as soon as spoon hit mousse it was like runny whipped chocolate.  I wasn't impressed at all and will have to explore more recipes.

Families reviews:

"It tastes like all other mousse I have had.  Nothing special. ". <I took this to be a 5/10 rating>
"Awesome"<kid ratings don't count for chocolate>




No comments:

Post a Comment