Monday 9 December 2013

Soft Gingerbread cookies

Ok so I was in the mood to enjoy some gingerbread but I don't enjoy the tough cookies it takes your jaw muscles to break.  I quite enjoy the softer ones.  I searched online and found a recipe for them. 

Here is the link for the recipe I used:
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/big-soft-ginger-cookies

So I found that at the time of cooking these cookies were very soft.  They were deliciously ginger flavoured and held that classic shape.  My family gobbled up the sugar coated ones that night.

My tweak: I enjoyed them rolled I sugar but decided to try tweaking the recipe a bit for the holidays.  I made half the batch with rolling them in candy cane crumbs instead of sugar.  They are very pretty even though they didn't quite melt into that classic round shape, but I find that a day later all the cookies are very hard.  


Kids reviewed these tweaked cookies :
"Yummy I love the candy cane. It's so Christmassy!"
"Mmmmmm"
"Yummmmm"

I couldn't get much more of a review from them as they were too busy eating them.  I don't know if I will roll them again but it made for an interesting combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment