Thursday 19 December 2013

Turkey Soup

Alright I don't really go by a recipe for my soup.  I kind of took how my mom did it....and made it my own many years ago.

I take the bones, wings, and extra pieces of the turkey and boil them in water for about 1.5 hours.  While boiling I also include about 1 tbsp of dried rosemary, 1tbsp of dried thyme and 3 bay leafs.  Once boiled down to make stock I strain liquid and return to the pot.

My normal recipe would then have me adding chopped onion, celery, carrots and turkey meat.  Simmer until the carrots and celery are cooked.  Then I would add the spices again (thyme, bay leaf and rosemary) and noodles of choice <my house likes mini shells>  

My tweak this time is I also included the leftover gravy I made from the pan drippings the day before....this thickened it a bit but gave it a great strong turkey flavour.  I simply added more water so it wasn't so thick.  I will do this from now on as soup was gone first day.

Happy holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment