Tuesday 10 December 2013

Hershey's Black Magic Cake

SThis cake is easily my families all time favorite cake.  If you like cake or chocolate or both this is a must try.  No tweaking here!

https://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipe-details.aspx?id=4754

While there is no tweaking needed I find that once cake is cooled it also makes for a great cake pop recipe as it keeps them moist.  

Here is what I do then:
    Crumble the cooled cake 2/3 is usually enough cake into a large bowl. <here is where I would add in additional flavouring in form of oil available at Bulk barn I.e. raspberry or strawberry>
    Mix 1/2 container of ready made chocolate whipped frosting <I like whipped as it is lighter> and mix with your hands until it is a nice consistency to ball in your palms and isn't sticky or loose.  
    Freeze the balls on cookie sheet for about 15 minutes to let the cake and frosting set.
    Take the cake pop sticks and dip them in a small amount of melted chocolate on the tip before sticking into the balls so when the chocolate hardens it makes for a more sturdy hold on the stick.  
     Put them in the refrigerator for about 15 so the chocolate sets in stick properly.  
     Melt chocolate for coating cake balls <I use a mixture of Dark and Milk Belgium chips found at Bulk barn>
     Dip cake pops in chocolate and use spoon to coat all sides.  Tap stick gently on heel of palm over bowl to tap off excess chocolate, while this seems silly as the more chocolate the yummiest......but it will harden too heavy and your cake pops will fall off the sticks.  
    Once done tapping I like to decorate different flavours differently so I know the flavours.  I.e. Red sprinkles for chocolate raspberry, holiday sprinkles for regular chocolate ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment