Saturday 14 December 2013

Libby's Pumpkin Pie

So I am a pumpkin pie maniac.  I love it.  Growing up mom has made many pies....but it always came back to Libbys.   The combination is such a wonderful balance it just works perfect.  I could enjoy a piece of this anytime.


My tweak: while I enjoy the original recipe I enjoy it even more if I put into it about a 1/4 teaspoon of ground all spice, ground cloves and ground nutmeg.  I usually put even more nutmeg as this is my go to spice for the holidays.  I also like cooking these in mini tart shells as they are proportioned for easy consumption.

These went over so well this weekend we even saw them go home with people. My family enjoys them and any leftover filling put in the fridge can be mixed with warm hot chocolate or latte to make pumpkin pie latte or hc......or even mix with white ice cream for pumpkin pie ice cream.....delish?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment